March 8, 2017

Umrah Ramadan : Date Farm & Market

Previous read : Masjid Quba

Next, we went to visit the date farm. Well it didn't look like a farm to me, more like a date shop surrounded by some date palm trees.

I didn't plan to shop here as it was only our third day! 12 days to go.. Still plenty of time to survey for the best bargain. So I just walked around.. seeing and got to know the many types of dates they were selling.
Just walk and see la cos we were fasting -_- .

My friends told me during non-fasting months you can taste the dates freely cos everything is halal. hehe..

Not sure whether the price at the shop was cheaper than other places but the most popular one, the Ajwa dates was sold around 50 to 80 riyal per kg. Later on at some shops around Madinah and Makkah, I see the prices are around 50 riyal per kg for small, 120 riyal per kg for medium and up to 200 riyal per kg for jumbo sizes.


shopping spree




the many types of dates


Souvenirs for the loved ones back home

Done window shopping. I went outside to see the farm. 



The date palm trees looked like the oil palm trees kan?


almost ripe


the young ones



Finally I just bought the chocolate dates as souvenirs for my friends and colleagues at the shop.

But on the way back to our hotel, we stopped by date markets. More choices and I noticed the prices were cheaper too so I bought a couple of kgs of the Ajwa dates and a few types of nuts.

"Whoever has seven Ajwa dates every morning he will not be harmed on that day by poison or magic."
Sahih Al-Bukhari

So yeah.. let's stock up the Ajwa dates.

No comments: