July 4, 2017

Umrah Ramadan : The end of the journey

My family and I did 3 umrah on this trip, following the schedules planned by Andalusia. You can do more if you want, just hire a taxi to go to the nearest miqat and do on your own.

We thought 3 was enough and decided to focus on other ibadah as well. We spent time at Masjidil Haram doing tawaf sunat, prayers, reciting the Quran, sedekah etc. Being inside the holy mosque, I was motivated. I met a lot of ladies and saw a lot of men performing iktikaf, devoting themselves to ibadah in this holy month.

We were supposed to return to Malaysia via Jeddah but due to some issues, our flight was changed to fly back from Madinah. So we had to cut short our stay in Makkah and stayed a night in Madinah. Not a problem for us because we love both places.

We arrived in the afternoon and I felt happy. Felt like the first time we arrived here a couple of weeks ago. Went to Masjid Nabawi to perform the prayers, buka puasa at the dataran and terawih after. That night was beautiful as the Imam khatam-ed the Quran during the last rakaat of terawih prayers, signifying the end of Ramadan.

The next day, I got to be in Raudhah again; visited our Prophet, performed sunat prayers and doa. Alhamdulillah.


If you come at the right time, you can pray peacefully without all the pushing dramas. I had a lot of space, just like in the photo :)




Saying our goodbyes, we headed to the airport after Asar prayer. Our flight would be at 9ish but we departed early to avoid any troubles.


Prince Mohammad bin Abdulaziz International Airport


interior design


mosque just across the airport

ladies section

Thank God we left early cos while we were waiting to board the plane, news broke that there was a bomb attack at Masjid Nabawi. Oh my God! My heart sank thinking about all the jemaah at the mosque. With heavy heart, we left Madinah.

My first visit to Madinah and Makkah and hopefully it won't be the last.

No comments: